Thursday, March 17, 2011

Romeo And Juliet: Statements

I would/would not consider doing what Juliet decides to do because...
I don't think I could ever consider doing what Juliet did. She committed suicide for love. Was it so impossible for her to move on? To find another? I'm not like that. I'm pretty sure I could move on, find another, and live my life to the fullest. You have to consider that Juliet is only 13. She really doesn't know what love is. She made a mistake. Her "forever" lasted a total of 3 days. While her pain was probably unbearable, she could have dealt with it differently, but at 13, hormones are raging, and your thoughts are not yours. They are controlled by the hormones. I'd like to think that I was more mature at 13. I think I knew, even then, that I could never do what Juliet did. They say your first love is your worst if it comes with a broken heart. While Juliet's didn't come with a broken heart, it did eventually come with death. As for me, my first love hasn't come along yet, and when it does, there is no way I could ever even consider attempting Juliet's decision.



What I've discovered thus far about Juliet is...
Juliet has some delusions about love. She doesn't know what real love is. She loved one boy, for all of 5 days. She thought they were forever. She didn't realize that things can change in an instant. Your life, your forever, can end in a single moment. A small glitch in the plan can cause a tragic ending. She made a mistake, rushing into love. She made an even bigger mistake rushing into a marriage. If it was me, I would have made some different decisions. She could have waited, and maybe everything would have been different. If she had waited to get married, I'm willing to bet that Tybalt would still be alive, as well as Romeo's mother. She could have done everything differently, but her hormones were raging, and she had no control. She made some serious mistakes, mistakes that couldn't be undone.


No comments:

Post a Comment