Saturday, November 27, 2010

Current Affairs & The Cartoons People Make of Them

The characters in this cartoon are two scientists, and they are studying the event of climate change. The message of the cartoon is that we do need to take better care of our environment. I think this is pretty funny, but I guess not everybody will. One scientist is saying that climate change is being driven by insufficient use of twisty lightbulbs. He's referring to energy saving fluorescent bulbs. I think I agree to some extent. Fluorescent bulbs are better for the environment, but they are a bit more expensive, and not everybody can "waste" money on them, which I can understand.
  The characters in this cartoon are a couple that are from Canada, and they are addressing the issue of global warming as well. The message is that global warming is there, and it affects everyone. The humour is developed by the wife's answer to the husband's question, "Our igloo melted..." Again, I agree to an extent. I'm not sure global warming has become that drastic yet.



1 comment: